5-Day Study Plan for Remote Examinations
Easy 2 methods for a 5-day study plan
- Understand and identify the important parts of each chapter/ topic or lecture
- Familiarize all the important parts
What you need to do
Prepare – this involves preparing the study materials. In this process you need to identify and organize your study material properly using a study guide, concept maps, re-writing notes and re-reading each course element.
Identifying, organizing, and consolidating the important topics
- Make a suitable study guide that you can follow.
- Make an outline of the course element.
- Make an organized concept maps or charts that is linked to one another.
- Develop a flow chart to easily understand and remember steps.
- Do practice exams and answer essay questions.
- Prepare study guides.
Review – this involves going over what you prepared to test how familiar are you with the topic and identify what you need to work on.
Testing and evaluating what you learned
- Practice by explaining the exam topic.
- Answer practice problems without checking the answer keys.
- Test yourself.
- Answer all questions that you missed.
- Do an outline for essay questions and practice writing a full sample essay.
- Try explaining the whole exam topic during studying.
4-ways to make 5-Day Study Plan
- Break the course topic into parts, it could be by module or element depending on which suits you better. Example, you can put the Part 1 for Element 1-2, Part 2 for Element 3-4, Part 3 for Element 5-6 and Part 4 for Element 7-8.
- Day 1
- Prepare: Part 1 for 2 hours.
- Day 2
- Prepare: Part 2 for 2 hours.
- Review: Part 1 for 30 minutes
- Day 3
- Prepare: Part 3 for 2 hours
- Review: Part 1 and 2 for 30 minutes
- Day 4
- Prepare: Part 4 for 2 hours
- Review: Part 1, 2, 3 for 30 minutes
- Day 5
- Review: Part 1, 2, 3, 4 for 1 hour
- Test yourself: All Parts for 2 hours
- Day 1
- Spend 2 hours or more the next five days.
- Study for your exams by combining both the Prepare Method and Review Method.
- Decide what works better for you in incorporating both the prepare and review method in your 5-Day Study Plan Chart.